So the winter break has started and kids are off from school. It is all fun and great until they are bored at home killing each other, (if you have more than one), or just driving you insane, if you only have one!
I have been waiting for this break since September, because I miss our adventures from the homeschooling days. I needed a little extra time to be able to do it all over again, and what’s better timing than the holidays!
So I made this list, of the places we want to go to, (or have already been to this week), and I am sharing it with you!
- A cooking class at Furn restaurant, at the Westin Hotel, in City Centre. Every Saturday, from 9am to 10am, but if you have a group of 10 to 15 kids, you can choose the timing that suits you.
- Ice skating at Funland. To check their timing, you can call: 17292313. Cost: 3.5BD per person. Super fun!
- Gravity Village: We tried this a couple of times and we LOVE it!
You will need to book a slot, check their website: www.gravitybah.comfor prices.
A bit pricy but totally worth it.
- Bahrain’s Botanical Garden. A wonderful place for a picnic, and for kids to connect with nature. Don’t go on Saturdays though, because that’s where the Farmer’s Market is held.
Free and Amazing!
- Jumairah Saray Hotel’s Winter Wonderland. Sat-Wed 4:30pm to 10pm. Thur-Fri 4:30pm to 11:30pm.
Cost: 5bd (We haven’t been yet, but heard great things about it)
- Visit the “Dive Into The Jurassic” exhibition at The National Museum, to check out the marine fossil collection. From December 15thtill March 16th, from 10am till 8pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- Visit Nurana island, a fabulous spot here in Bahrain, for a picnic, stargazing, or just some fun with friends.
PS: You will need jackets as it gets so cold there.
Free & Amazing!
- Marassi Beach, Maybe not for a swim as it is getting a bit cold, but they have a great play area, and kids can play with the sand and connect with nature.
- Kayaking with Beach Culture. Call 33036362 to schedule an appointment. Cost: 9BD per person, for one hour. 12BD per person for 2 hours!
- Bahrain Science Centre, A great place to visit with the kids, super cool stuff to see. Timings: Sat-Thur 9am-1pm then 4pm- 8pm
Cost: 1bd per person
I hope you enjoy your winter break and if you go to any of the spots I mentioned in the list, please let me know! X